First Southern Baptist Church
In 1897, First Southern Baptist Church was organized and property at 16th and Poplar Street was purchased in order to build their new church building. In 1908, the building was completed and worship began in the new church. In 1959, the
church purchased property at 2728 Walnut Street to build a new church. The first service in the new and present day building was held in October 1964.