Greetings And Welcome To The "Pilot Light 2000" Memories Page!
The Home Page For Cairo High School Alumni From The "1960's".
It all began September 9, 2000 With The Creation Of The E-Mail Group.
The Pilot Light 2000 Web Site Was Officially Opened on February 1, 2001.
To celebrate the First anniversary for Pilot Light 2000,
we have created a special Flash Presentation
about our Cairo High School as it was during the 1960's. And we have
on display several letters from PL2000 members that have been sent to
the group during this first year that PL2000 has been active.
PLEASE READ, THIS WILL EXPLAIN WHAT TO EXPECT...
COMMENTS ABOUT PL2000:
Click here to View Comments About PL2000
To view this show, you must have a computer or a system that will run the
Flash software that is provided for free by Macromedia. This Flash software
is a "plug-in" that runs and displays the movie within your web browser.
If you do not have Flash, then you can
Get the Flash plug-in By Clicking Here . It is easy to install, only takes a minute
and instructions are provided at the Macromedia site.
About The Presentation:
Click Here For The PL2000 Anniversary Show - ENJOY!
- It is a large file, it is 1.18mb in size and with a 36000 phone modem connection you can expect it to take
@ 8 minutes for the download. Slightly longer or quicker depending on your connection
speed during the download.
- If after 10 minutes or longer, the show has not loaded. Your phone modem
connection has probably stalled. Hit refresh to start the load over.
- The show is 3 minutes and 32 seconds in length and contains 58 images and
includes music and sounds.
- Once you load the movie the first time, it will load much quicker the next
time if you view the show again.
- Once the show has loaded and played the first time, IT WILL repeat after
a pause of @ 20 seconds once the music stops. To exit the show you must
hit the back button or close your browser.
- We RECOMMEND that you allow the movie to repeat. This will synchronize
the images with the music better. Some systems will play the show the first
time in a sluggish manner.
- You will note that initially this show is not actually located on the PL2000
site. We have it located off site temporarily and will move it later. This will
save bandwidth from the PL2000 site, we have a monthly limit.
NOTE: We have extensively tested this show on over 20 systems, (P200-P1.7mhz) it works
great except for some older systems (p200-450) with sluggish play the first time as noted above.